We’ve mastered the BEST, easiest, and fastest snack! It’s these 30 Minute Pop Tarts! They have 6 ingredients, a 12-13 minute baking time, and can last up to a week! Your favorite childhood breakfast treat, just got fun! Our secret to the baking time? Pillsbury Pie Crusts! Listen, these crusts are the REAL DEAL. It’s premade, already rolled out, and provide the best buttery & flaky exterior. Trust us, these 30 minute pop tarts are easiest snack you could whip up from your own kitchen!
Here are some other easy recipes on the blog:
Pillsbury Pie Crusts: Pie crusts aren’t just for baking pies! These crusts create the perfect flaky & smooth texture for our poptarts. They also contribute to the super fast recipe time! No crumbling butter in the dough, or getting your hands into a mess. These pie crusts are perfect to roll out, cut, and pop into the oven for the super amazing treat.
Jelly: The tasty, warm insides to this pop tart. We used classic grape jelly, but you could also use strawberry, peach, apricot, blueberry, or even a chocolate spread for the insides of these pop tarts! If you’re in a fruity mood, checkout our Strawberry Poppyseed Cupcakes.
Melted Butter: We used 1 tbsp to brush the insides & outside of this pop tart before popping it into the oven. It adds a buttery flavor, and crispier texture to the poptarts.
Powdered Sugar & Almond Milk: Our sweet glaze! Make sure your pop tarts are cool before pouring this glaze on top.
Funfetti Sprinkles: Our favorite part! It wouldn’t be a traditional pop tart without sprinkles! If sprinkles aren’t really your thing, add a drizzle of your favorite topping! You can also sprinkle chopped nuts ontop of these pop tarts.
These pop tarts last up to 5 days (room temperature) in a sealed bag/container. Store them in the fridge for an extra 2-3 days of shelf life. Just like this recipe, this post is super short & sweet. Let’s get to the action!
30 Minute Pop Tarts
- 1 pack Pillsbury Pie Crusts*
- ½ cup grape jelly
- 1 tbsp melted butter for brushing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- sprinkles for topping
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Roll out & cut the pie crust dough into 4×2 inch rectangles. Brush one side of the cut dough with butter.
- Add 1-2 tbsp jelly into the middle of the dough. Add the second layer of dough on top.
- Seal the 2 layers of dough with by pressing your fork along the edges. Brush the top of the dough with butter.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes. Let the pop tarts cool before glazing them.
- Mix the powdered sugar & the milk together. Glaze the poptarts & top off with sprinkles!
Should we make more 30 minute treats? Let us know down in the comments!