Okay, big question. Reeses cold or room temp? We’ve got another one for you: white chocolate or regular chocolate peanut butter cups? Believe it or not, this is a huge debate! We’re not here to stir the pot, we’re here to settle this debate with the best of both worlds. Today we’re making the BEST ever Coconut Pecan Almond Butter Cups. Yep! Everything you love in a peanut butter cup but with: almond butter, coconut, and pecans! These almond butter cups are so easy to make, filled with amazing flavors, and contain two types of chocolate.
The best part about this whole recipe? We’ve teamed up with our friends over at Revival Foods! Revival Foods is a natural, sustainable craft almond butter company. They source their almonds directly from local farmers in Modesto, CA. Flavors like Sea Salt Vanilla, Cinnamon Chai Spice, and Hemp Super Seeds are among their amazing product line! This recipe today contains the amazing Raw Cacao Coconut. These almond butters have no added sugar (4 out of 5 flavors are Whole30 approved), no preservatives, no palm oil, and no GMOs. Oh, and did we mention Revival Foods was women-owned? Read more about Revival & their amazing founder Rachel here!
Checkout our No Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars with Revival’s Cinnamon Chai Almond Butter!
Why shop women-owned?
Women-owned is defined as businesses that are at least 51% women owned, operated, and controlled on a daily basis by one or more females. Women owned businesses combat employment inequality. By spending your own money at a woman-owned shop, you’re contributing to the economy and backing hardworking women with amazing businesses.
Here’s a list of 5 Women-Owned Food Brands we’re totally obsessing over right now!
No-bake is pretty simple: they’re desserts you don’t have to bake! We get the popularity and high demand of no-bake desserts. Oven-baked desserts can be complicated with bake times, setting the right temperatures, and having the right ingredients to produce the best tasting results. It’s the best, easiest, and amazing way to make a quick treat! These treats are usually cooled and settled in the fridge or freezer. Using a nut butter base is common ingredient for no bake desserts. They’re thick enough to form a solid base, and when combined with coconut oil it holds together well!
Raw Cacao Coconut Almond Butter: Revival’s describes Raw Cacao Coconut Almond Butter as “rich and full of superfood cacao powders and nibs, sourced from the Dominican Republic — this almond butter with make your tastebuds go wild.” Not to mention, each Revival Almond Butter has a spreadable CRUNCH!
Coconut Oil: This gets the chocolate silky smooth & keeps it at a creamy consistency.
Vegan White Chocolate Chips: Pascha Chocolate is a brand with amazing vegan white chocolate bars (and chips)! You can find them in major grocery retailers or order online! Try using vegan white chocolate in our Banana White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Vegan Chocolate Chips: Vegan chocolate is so common in almost every grocery store. You can use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips for this recipe. Substitute dark chocolate chips!
Pecans: Our favorite nutty crunch in these almond butter cups. Substitute chopped walnuts or hazelnuts!
Coconut Shreds: You can use Sweetened or Unsweetened coconut shreds for this recipe! Top off your bars with shredded coconut & enjoy.
Get creative! You can adjust & modify these Coconut Pecan Almond Butter Cups recipe the way you’d like!
- Mix in coconut oil with the melted chocolate. If your chocolate starts to harden, microwave it again for 15-30 seconds.
- Fill your muffin liners 1/2 way. You don’t have to fill these to the top! Evenly coat the bottom of the liners with chocolate (make sure to brush up on the sides too), spread the almond butter mix into the center, and top off with more chocolate.
- Cool these in the fridge for about 45-60 minutes for a solid almond butter cups.
- You can top these off before the chocolate settle or after the chocolate settles.
- Keep these refrigerated! Because of the coconut oil, you’ll want to store these in the refrigerator. If they’re left out for too long, the oil starts to soften the base of the bar out of its firm state. And we don’t want that right?!
Let’s take a bite into these cups!
Coconut Pecan Almond Butter Cups
- 2 bars vegan white chocolate
- 1½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil divided
- ⅓ cup Revival's Raw Cacao Coconut Almond Butter
- ¼ cup sweetened coconut shreds
- 3 tbsp pecans chopped
- Warm up the chocolate chips in a heat-proof bowl in 20-30 second increments until chocolate is melted. Mix in 1 tbsp of coconut oil until the chocolate is a smooth mixture
- Repeat for white chocolate.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, pecans, and coconut shreds together. Chill in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners. Fill 1/4 cupcake liner with creamy white chocolate. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until hardened.
- Dollop 1 tsp of the almond butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Cover each dollop of peanut butter with more chocolate and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Remove the almond butter cups from the liners. Top off the cups with more chocolate, pecans, or coconut shreds.
If you love these Coconut Pecan Almond Butter Cups, you’ll love a ton of our other recipes! We post recipe reels every week! Follow us on Instagram for our latest amazing reels!
What no bake desserts are you loving right now? Tell us in the comments!