Ever had a cookie that tasted just like banana bread? Well, these are it! These cookies are so good it’s a bit unreal. We’ve combined our favorite banana bread, white chocolate chips, and cookie recipe all into one. These white chocolate chip banana cookies are so soft, buttery, and filled with gooey white chocolate chips in every bite!
Let’s talk freelancing tips! If you’re a freelancer looking for some resources to add to your list, checkout our 5 Key Essentials For Freelancers.
Another snack attack: This Banana Carrot Cake Loaf is another banana recipe we’re obsessing over! So good, moist, and filled with a good nutty crunch.
These banana white chocolate chip cookies are so good, and maybe a bit tricky to bake! Here are our top 3 tips for the best cookies:
- They’re sticky! Before you get to baking, know that the banana makes this a very tacky batter. Refrigerating this batter is so important. We left our dough in the refrigerator overnight. Not only did we need one scooper, but we needed a spoon to detach the batter from the scooper.
- Get a glass cup & shape these cookies! Because this dough is sticky, it may be harder to shape these cookies into the perfect round ball. However, after you take the cookies out of the oven, grab a glass cup (or a biscuit cutter) cover the cookie, and swirl the cup around to create the perfect round cookie! This is a hack we’ve used to get the perfect circle on our cookies.
- Yes, they look gooey after 12 minutes in the oven–they’re finished! These may look undone, and a bit soft, but we promise you, they’re good to go! When you take cookies out, the insides and middle may look undercooked or gooey. This is perfect! As the cookies cool, the middle will harden.
If you follow these simple steps, you’ll have the best banana white chocolate chip cookies ever! We’re so obsessed with this recipe, we know you will be too!
Cinnamon + Nutmeg: This spice mix is what really gives these cookies a sweet kick! Our secret? If you don’t have nutmeg or cinnamon….use pumpkin pie spice! It’ll give your cookies a chai kick & you’ll be able to have a nick kick with every bite! Yes, it’s pumpkin pie spice–but did you know pumpkin pie spice and chai spice are pretty much the same? They both contain the same ingredients, and it’s way easier way to measure (just add 1/2 tsp for this recipe)!
Butter: Melted butter really makes this cookie chewy! For a dairy-free alternative, swap the butter for coconut oil. For a nuttier cookie taste brown your butter (this will elevate this recipe!) We have some epic Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies with the best 5 tips for browning butter.
Bananas: Use overripe bananas, mash the bananas before adding it to your batter, and measure the correct amount. 1 small banana banana was equivalent to 1/3 cup. To be sure, mash the banana first, and then measure it in a cup. For more banana based recipes, check out our Vegan Banana Bread or our Banana Muffins with Coffee Streusel!
White Chocolate Chips: Chocolate chips are classic in any cookie recipe. We thought we’d step outside of the box with these cookies! If you’re feeling it, try using dark chocolate! Anything to make this recipe stick out.
You can go further with these banana white chocolate chip cookies like adding nuts or dried fruit. Putting your own spin and twist to these!
Enough drooling over these photos, let’s bake these banana white chocolate chip cookies!
White Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup bananas mashed
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, mashed banana, egg, and the vanilla together.
- Add in the brown and white sugars.
- Add in the flour mix & combine until fully mixed. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap, and set in the fridge for 2-48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Using a cookie scooper, scoop out cookie dough, size the balls about 1-2 inches wide, & place balls 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Take the cookies out & let them cool for 10 minutes. Drizzle melted chocolate over them & enjoy!
Not to brag, but our Instagram is pretty lit! Checkout our amazing recipe reel for these Banana White Chocolate Chip Cookies.