So we’re back with this amazing cookie recipe! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake bars are made overnight in your freezer with the simplest ingredients in your kitchen! With a traditional graham cracker crust, chocolate chip cheesecake filling, and sweet flavors throughout, this is the best recipe to make. The best part about these bars? They’re NO BAKE. No kidding! Simple pop these into your freezer overnight, slice, and enjoy! No more cheesecake hassle in the oven, you can still enjoy this classic treat in a much easier way! Let’s get into it!
Cheesecake Favs on the blog:
These Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars recipe isn’t possible without the BEST cookies. Meli’s is a gluten free-snack brand. They were founded by Melissa & Melissa (yep, 2 female powerhouses both with the same name!) who are best friends and bakers. They made their famous monster cookie and realized that this was an easy gluten-free recipe…this led them to bake other treats that were equally as tasty & gluten free. Some amazing flavors for their cookies are Oaty Raisin, Chocolate Chip, and Original Monster! Wanna bake it on your own, they also offer a full line of gluten free baking mixes with varieties like Chocolate Chip, Rainbow Chip, Oaty Raisin, and Dark Chocolate Cranberry.
You can find their cookies in national retailers like Whole Foods, Costco, Target, Walmart, HEB, Kroger, & more! Click here to order now!
how to make the best cheesecake bars
A blender or food processor is your FRIEND. The key to this graham cracker crust is blending it on high so the mixture forms a grainy crumble. Press this crumble firmly into your baking dish & even it out. Once your graham cracker crust is even, pour your cheesecake mixture on top. Pop this into the freezer for 6-8 hours, slice, & enjoy! We really weren’t kidding when we said these are the easiest no bake cheesecake bars! To keep these bars fresh for as long as possible, seal them in an airtight container/bag and keep them in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Meli’s Cookies: A nicely added cookie crunch to the crust and the filling. For the best cookie-crumble, mash up these cookies before gently folding it in to the mixture. We used the Chocolate Chip Minis. Try out our Rainbow Chip Rice Krispie Treats using another one of their minis! (it’s no bake as well!)
Cream Cheese: What’s cheesecake without cream cheese? It’s the base flavor of these bars! Make sure your cream cheese is room temperature.
Sweetened Condensed Milk: The smooth part of the recipe! Using sweetened condensed milk makes sure that the cheesecake bars don’t crystalize & it keeps that smooth texture. You can substitute heavy whipping cream (just add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar as well for a sweet flavor). You can also use Sweetened Condensed Milk with our No-Churn Monster Cookie Ice Cream also using Meli’s cookies.
Sour Cream: Substitute greek yogurt!
Vanilla Extract: This is our flavor component. For another flavor, use a different extract.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup Graham Crackers (8 sheets)
- ⅓ cup Meli's Chocolate Chip Cookies (about 4-5 cookies)
- 5 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 16 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- ¼ cup Sour Cream (room temperature)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Meli's Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ⅓ cup Chocolate Chips
Graham Cracker Crust
- In a blender (or food processor), add the graham crackers, chocolate chip cookies, and melted butter together. Blend on high until a grainy crumble forms. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until a light, fluffy mixture forms.
- Slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and vanilla. Once everything is combined, fold in Meli's Chocolate Chip Cookie Minis & the chocolate chips.
- In an 8×8 baking dish, firmly press & evenly spread out the graham cracker crumble onto the bottom of the pan.
- Top off the crumble with the cheesecake filling. Spread a few more chocolate chip cookies on top of the filling.
- Cover the pan & set this in the freezer for at least 6-8 hours (or overnight). Once the bars have set, let them thaw for 5 minutes before removing & slicing. Enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?! Leave us a comment down below & tell us how it went!