If you’re a fan of really good candy or amazing snacks, this is your best bet at combining them all to create the ultimate treat! We took our favorite crunchy cookies, m&ms, and tossed them into our go-to Rice Krispie treat recipe! We could’ve saved this recipe for a Halloween-leftover dessert, but we can’t wait until October to enjoy these square goodies. This recipe features the amazing mini cookies from Meli’s Monster Cookies! With flavors like Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and Monster Cookie–they make the perfect bite-sized cookie to use. Grab some m&ms and let’s get into this Rainbow Cookie Rice Krispie Treats.
More Rice Krispie Goodies:
These Rice Krispie Treats recipe isn’t possible without the BEST cookies. Meli’s Monster Cookies is a gluten free-snack brand. They were founded by Melissa & Melissa (yep, 2 female powerhouses both with the same name!) who are best friends and bakers. They made their famous monster cookie and realized that this was an easy gluten-free recipe…this led them to bake other treats that were equally as tasty & gluten free. Some amazing flavors for their cookies are Oaty Raisin, Chocolate Chip, and Original Monster! Wanna bake it on your own, they also offer a full line of gluten free baking mixes with varieties like Chocolate Chip, Rainbow Chip, Oaty Raisin, and Dark Chocolate Cranberry.
You can find their cookies in national retailers like Whole Foods, Costco, Target, Walmart, HEB, Kroger, & more! Click here to order now!
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST Krispie TREATS
- The Marshmallow Mix. Medium heat is the perfect temperature for making this sauce. STIR CONSTANTLY. Because this is brown butter, it can burn pretty quickly. Use a heat-proof silicone spatula to mix this well.
- It’s HOT. Mixing in extra chocolate chips or marshmallows into the glass dish means they’re gonna melt pretty easily. Try layering these into the loaf pan. First spread out 1/2 of the mixture, sprinkle a few marshmallows & pour your chopped snickers in, then spread out the rest of the mixture on top. It’ll be the best photo-worth, chewy pull-apart treat.
- Patience Is Key. Letting these set in a pan is probably the most crucial step. Those clean cut lines are achieved by letting the mixture sit in a lined loaf pan for 2 hours.
- Want Less? Cut this recipe in half & use a standard loaf pan to let the treats set.
Crispy Rice Cereal: The main texture of these treats are a good crispy rice cereal. Rice Krispies makes their own, or you can buy an off-brand cereal! We promise, your flavor and texture of the treats won’t be compromised.
Butter: Use an entire stick of butter (yes 1 stick). This doesn’t need to be softened or melted, since we’re using the stove to make an amazing mixture. Swap it out for vegan butter.
Marshmallows: The heart and soul of these treats! If you’re looking for a vegan alternative, use Dandies.
Meli’s Cookies: For the best cookie-crumble, gently mash up these cookies before folding it in to the mixture. Don’t have the rainbow chip cookies? You can make your own using the Rainbow Chip mix or swap it out for another bag of mini cookies. If you have leftovers, try making this No Churn Monster Cookie Ice Cream with their mini cookies!
Now, let’s bake these Rainbow Cookie Rice Krispie Treats!
Rainbow Cookie Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 cups jumbo marshmallows (about 20)
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 5½ cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup M&Ms
- 1 bag Rainbow Chip Mini Cookies
- On the stove, melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows & stir the pot regularly*
- Add in the vanilla and salt. Mix well until a smooth, thick, consistency forms.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-safe glass bowl.
- Pour in the crispy rice cereal and mix until it’s fully coated. Add in the Rainbow Chip Cookies & M&Ms until everything is combined.
- Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper. Evenly spread out the mixture & let it sit in the pan for 2 hours.
- Slice the treats & enjoy!