We all scream for ice cream! Honestly, we’re shocked that it took us this long to hop on the no-churn ice cream trend. This ice cream is SO GOOD, silky smooth, & absolutely addicting. It only has 4 ingredients and it’s ready overnight (or within 8-12 hours). No need to wait on the ice cream truck, or take that trip to the grocery store. Get your cones out, cause we’re making this phenomenal no churn monster cookie ice cream!
This no churn monster cookie ice cream recipe isn’t possible without the BEST monster cookies. Meli’s Monster Cookies is a gluten free-snack brand. They were founded by Melissa & Melissa (yep, 2 female powerhouses both with the same name!) who are best friends and bakers. They made their famous monster cookie and realized that this was an easy gluten-free recipe…this led them to bake other treats that were equally as tasty & gluten free. Some amazing flavors for their cookies are Oaty Raisin, Chocolate Chip, and Original Monster! Wanna bake it on your own, they also offer a full line of gluten free baking mixes with varieties like Chocolate Chip, Rainbow Chip, Oaty Raisin, and Dark Chocolate Cranberry.
You can find their cookies in national retailers like Whole Foods, Target, Walmart, HEB, Kroger, & more! Click here to order now!
no churn ice cream Tips
No churn ice cream is so stress free! Imagine that you can enjoy the silky smooth, creamy, and delicious store-bought ice cream but in your own home. Some key tips in making no churn ice cream is:
- FOLD in the condensed milk/vanilla combo: Be gentle with this mixture! We don’t want to over-mix the ice cream & cause it to crystalize. Use a silicone spatula to fold in the milk/vanilla combo into the whipped cream until everything is dissolved.
- Add the crushed cookies last: It makes it so much easier to fold this mixture into the
- LET IT FREEZE: Yes! We all want to dive into this goodness. However, let the ice cream freeze and settle into it’s state before you go scooping it into a cone. We promise…it’ll be worth the wait!
- Hand Mixer vs Stand Mixer: This recipe can be made perfectly with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You’ll want to start out on a low speed when beating the heavy whipping cream. Slowly increase your speed as your whipped cream starts to thicken. As soon as you see the whipped cream peak, STOP! You’re ready to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Loaf Pan: Lining your loaf pan with parchment paper isn’t a must, but it really helps in the long run! It’s so easy to slide out the ice cream, cleanse the pan, & move onto your next baked good!
- Defrost & enjoy! Depending on your freezer, this no churn monster cookie ice cream will be so hard you might want to let it sit out for 10-15 minutes to soften up.
how to store no churn ce cream
This ice cream will stay fresh for up to 7 days in the freezer before it looses it’s flavor and composition. You can fold the parchment sheets over the ice cream and cover it with plastic wrap to safely preserve it for the full 7 days.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is the base of the ice cream. It will turn into a whipped cream that turns into silky ice cream!
Sweetened Condensed Milk: The smooth part of the recipe! Using sweetened condensed milk makes sure that the ice cream doesn’t crystalize & you keep that smooth texture. Also, SWEETENED condensed milk is the goal here. Of course it adds extra flavor to the batch!
Vanilla Extract: This is our flavor component! Add anywhere from 1/2 tbsp to 1 tbsp for a sweet flavor! For different flavors, add different extracts!
Meli’s Cookies: For the best cookie-crumble, mash up these cookies before gently folding it in to the mixture.
Hey creatives, let’s talk FREELANCING! Looking to sharpen your skills? We break down the 5 Essentials For All Freelancers.
Are you ready to make the BEST no churn ice cream?! Let’s get started!
No Churn Cookie Monster Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- Meli's Original Monster Mini-Cookies
- In a medium bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk & vanilla together. Set the bowl aside
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it has a smooth, whipped texture. A soft peak will form & you'll know it's done!
- Gently fold in the milk/vanilla mixture.
- Crush & fold in Meli’s Monster Cookies (add a few extra M&M’s for more crunch).
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper & pour the mixture into the pan.
- Freeze overnight (8-12 hours or more) & enjoy the next day!
Did you make this? We’d love to see your results! Tag us on Instagram or use the hashtag #MyKitchen! Should we make more ice cream? Let us know what recipes you’ll be excited to see us make down below!