If you’re obsessed with fast, easy, and nutty treats, these are for you! These banana nut espresso blondies are like a coffee cake and banana bread in one. Made with brown butter and added walnuts, you’ll be so tempted to eat the whole pan!
Our favorite blondie recipes:
The key ingredient in these Banana Muffins with Coffee Streusel is espresso powder. Baking with espresso powder is key when you want a coffee-based dessert (or when you want to bring out flavors in chocolate desserts). King Arthur Baking Co has an amazing espresso powder that’s perfect and ready to use for any baking! It’s a strong, vibrant, and robust flavor that’s perfect for your recipes!
BAKING WITH BANANAS
Bananas are the base ingredient in this recipe! It carries most of the flavors with the help of a little vanilla extract. Bananas are great baking ingredients because they’re a perfect substitute for eggs. Here’s a few things to keep in mind when baking with bananas:
- Use an overripe banana
- The brown spotted bananas you’re thinking of throwing out? Don’t! These are filled with the perfect flavors and ready to be thrown into your desserts!
- Mash the banana before adding it to your batter
- No one wants clumpy bananas throughout their batter. Mashing bananas helps smoothly blend in all of the ingredients
- Use the correct banana size
- Bananas can be large, medium, or small. Each recipe should specify which size of bananas to use. Adding too much banana can give you a longer bake time, or using too little banana can give you no flavor with a shorter bake time.
ONE BOWL LOVIN!
All you need is one large bowl for these blondies. We baked them in a square 8×8 pan (lined with parchment paper of course), but you can use a 9×9 pan too! Even though these blondies are so desirable, let these cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into them. Once they settle, we promise you’ll have the best tasting blondie bars that you could’ve ever imagined! (top off with more cookie butter if you’d like!)
Nutmeg: Our secret kick in these blondies! This adds a robust and boost of flavor into these bars. If you like this, you’d probably love a chai twist! Add 1 tsp of your favorite chai spice mix & you’ll really groove to these blondies.
Butter: Melted butter is the perfect consistency for these blondies. They make it easier to combine with the rest of the ingredients. For a vegan or dairy-free substitute, use coconut oil!
Bananas: The root flavor (and texture) of these blondies!
Cookie Butter: Not only does Biscoff have amazing cookies, but they also have their own cookie butter! Can’t find Biscoff? Nuccina and Trader Joes have amazing substitutes (which tastes exactly the same). Cookie butter isn’t only good for blondies, you can spread this on your banana, toast, oats, yogurt, or even blend this into your favorite smoothie. Although cookie butter can be pretty thick, if you microwave this for 10-15 seconds, you’d have a smooth (easy to mix-in) consistency. Create a smooth cookie butter swirl on these blondies before popping them into the oven.
Additional Toppings: BUTTERSCOTCH. Ever had butterscotch with cookie butter? It’s a sweet treat! Add butter scotch chips or even nuts into this batter.
Now, let’s get into these amazing bars!
Banana Nut Espresso Blondies
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- ½ cup brown butter
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- cookie butter optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a large bowl, combine the brown butter, espresso powder, eggs, mashed banana, and vanilla together. Mix until fully combined.
- Mix in the white & brown sugars.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, & salt. Combine until all the flour is dissolved & a thick batter forms.
- In a 8×8 square pan, evenly spread out the batter. Top off the batter with a cookie butter swirl.
- Bake the blondies for 25-27 minutes.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing & cutting.
Since we’re obsessed with these banana nut espresso blondies, we want to know what treats are YOU obsessed with?