Didn’t we all love Rice Krispie treats when we were younger? Everyone remembers that shiny blue package with the perfect rectangular block of these sweet sticky treats! We’ve made the best tasting remix. Using Fine & Raw’s Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread, it’s a chewy & sweet nostalgic reminder of our favorite childhood snack. These dark chocolate Rice Krispie treats are no bake, one bowl, gluten free, and super easy to make!
Can you imagine the best day filled with a chocolate dessert that you don’t have to bake? Not only will you drool over these bars, but you’d also love our No-Bake Chocolate Almond Bars!
Fine & Raw
We’ve used another amazing product from our friend’s over at Fine & Raw! Instead of their classic Hazelnut Chocolate Spread, we tried out their Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Spread! This is a whole other level of good! We wouldn’t have been able to make this recipe without this amazing spread. It’s perfect for drizzling over ice cream, oats, yogurt, smoothies, tossing them into your favorite recipe, or….eating it by itself! Their spreads include flavors like oat milk chocolate, sweet hazelnut, and even sugarless hazelnut butters! Their product line extends to truffles and specialty chocolate bars. We’re obsessed!
Another recipe with this amazing spread is our Chewy Hazelnut Brownies.
how to make the best treats
- The Sauce. Medium heat is the perfect temperature for making this sauce. STIR CONSTANTLY. Just like brown butter, this can burn pretty quickly. Use a heat-proof silicone spatula to spread these out.
- It’s HOT. Mixing in extra chocolate chips or marshmallows into the glass dish means they’re gonna melt pretty easily. Try layering these into the loaf pan. First spread out 1/2 of the mixture, sprinkle a few marshmallows & chocolate chips, then spread out the rest of the mixture on top. It’ll be the best photo-worth, chewy pull-apart treat.
- Patience Is Key. Letting these set in a pan is probably the most crucial step. Those clean cut lines are achieved by letting the mixture sit in a lined loaf pan for 2 hours.
- Want More? Double up this recipe & use a 9×9 baking dish to let the treats set.
Crispy Rice Cereal: The main texture of these treats are a good crispy rice cereal. Rice Krispies makes their own, or you can buy an off-brand cereal! We promise, your flavor and texture of the treats won’t be compromised.
Butter: Cut half a stick or measure out 1/4 cup of butter. This doesn’t need to be softened or melted, since we’re using the stove to make an amazing mixture. A perfect vegan swap is using vegan butter.
Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Butter Spread: Basically the best thing you could ever eat with a spoon! This spread is cacao and hazelnuts mixed together to make the best spread. If you need a nut-free alternative, try Fine & Raw’s Oat-Milk Based Spread! Order this spread here.
Marshmallows: The heart and soul of these treats! If you’re looking for a vegan alternative, there are so many amazing brands that make vegan marshmallows. It’s an equal substitution. We’re not new to this, we’re TRUE to this. Also enjoy this amazing recipe with marshmallows: Double Chocolate Chip Cookie S’mores.
Chocolate Chips: We used semi-sweet chocolate chips (55% cacao) to mix in & top off these treats! For an extra treat, drizzle melted chocolate or more of the spread over these bars.
Optional Toppings: Since this is a dark chocolate hazelnut spread, it would only make sense to mix in hazelnuts for an extra crunch! If you don’t have hazelnuts on hand, use almonds, peanuts, walnuts, pecans, or any other nut!
Dark Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats
- ¼ cup butter (half a stick)
- 3½ cups mini marshmallows
- ¼ cup Fine & Raw's Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- On the stove, melt the butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add in the marshmallows & stir the pot regularly*
- Add in the vanilla and dark chocolate hazelnut spread. Mix well until a smooth, thick, consistency forms.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-safe glass bowl.
- Pour in the crispy rice cereal and mix until it's fully coated. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Evenly spread out the mixture & let it sit in the pan for 2 hours. Top off with chocolate chips & more marshmallows!
- Slice the treats & enjoy!
Store these bars in an air-tight container (at room temperature) for up to 5 days. Did you make this? Tag us on Instagram or use the hashtag #MyKitchen!