Cheesecake has officially entered the chat! Even though cheesecake can be it’s own dessert, it tastes so much better when swirled into your favorite treats. Like this one! These Cookie Butter Cheesecake Blondies are the sweetest bars you can have! They’re filled with cookie butter flavors and topped off with a creamy cheesecake swirl. Let’s get into this!
Join the blondie gang:
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondies
- Biscoff Cookie Butter Blondies (another cookie butter favorite!)
- Banana Nut Espresso Blondies
the blondie secret
The best part about making blondies, is all you need is one large bowl (even though we used two bowls–one for the cheesecake swirl and the other for the blondies). We baked these in a rectangular 9×13 pan (lined with parchment paper)! Even though these blondies are so desirable–and trust me they taste AMAZING, let these cool in the pan for 10 minutes before cutting into them.
Think of this swirl as light practice to making your own cheesecake. All you need is one egg yolk, 1/3 cup of sugar, vanilla, and cream cheese. Toss these ingredients into a bowl, beat on high, and swirl (or smooth out) this creamy mixture into your blondie batter. It’s the best way to incorporate your favorite cheesecake taste into your favorite cookie butter dessert.
Brown & White Sugar: We used a combo to add depth to these blondies! The white sugar & brown sugar adds a rich & balanced flavor.
Eggs: The structure of these blondies are eggs! For a non dairy alternative, sub flax eggs, applesauce, or use Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer.
Butter: Melted butter is the perfect consistency for these blondies. They make it easier to combine with the rest of the ingredients. For a vegan or dairy-free substitute, use coconut oil!
Cookie Butter: Not only does Biscoff have amazing cookies, but they also have their own cookie butter! Can’t find Biscoff? Nuccina and Trader Joes have amazing substitutes (which tastes exactly the same). Cookie butter isn’t only good for blondies, you can spread this on your banana, toast, oats, yogurt, or even blend this into your favorite smoothie. Although cookie butter can be pretty thick, if you microwave this for 10-15 seconds, you’d have a smooth (easy to mix-in) consistency. This Jumbo Butterscotch Pecan Cookie is filled with a whole lotta creamy cookie butter.
Cheesecake Swirl: EGG YOLK ONLY. With this cheesecake swirl, all you need is one egg yolk, sugar, vanilla and cream cheese!
Additional Toppings (optional): Nuts or more cookie butter!
Let’s get into these extra sweet cookie butter cheesecake blondies!
Cookie Butter Cheesecake Blondies
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup cookie butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 egg yolk
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, & salt together. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the melted butter, both sugars, egg, cookie butter, and vanilla together.
- Add in the flour mixture & mix until everything is evenly combined.
- In a separate small bowl, add the cream cheese, egg yolk, sugar, and vanilla together. Beat the mixture on on high until a smooth, creamy batter forms.
- In a 9×13 rectangle pan, evenly spread out the cookie butter batter. Top the cookie butter batter off with the cheesecake swirl mixture. Top off the cheesecake with dollops of cookie butter & swirl both around.
- Bake the blondies for 28-30 minutes.
- Let the blondies cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing & cutting.
For a fun spin on blondies, try out these Maple Funfetti Blondies!