Whether it’s a TikTok trend, or an easy way to eat dessert for breakfast, you need to hop on the baked oats train! We’ve made it easy for you: this is the simplest, easiest, vegan, gluten free, & 30 minute way to bake the sweetest oats! You’ll need a blender (or a food processor), an oven-proof baking dish, and your favorite sweet parings. Dessert for breakfast, what more could you ask for? This Strawberry Banana Baked Oats tastes just like banana bread, but with a bursting filling of strawberry jam in the middle! Let’s get into it!
Strawberry favorites on the blog:
But wait, there’s more! Our notable Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Baked Oats were featured on POOSH recently. Read the full article here.
Baked oats is the breakfast that you’ve been missing your whole entire life. Not a pop tart, not a smoothie bowl, but baked oats. It’s a great way to add your favorite toppings & flavors into your breakfast. Dessert reimagined. The best part about baked oats is pouring all your ingredients into the blender, blending on high speed, pour it into an oven-safe bowl, bake, and enjoy! That’s all. Such a simple, easy way to eat the best oats for breakfast in less than 30 minutes.
Rolled Oats: The key to baked oats. Blend these on high (along with the rest of the ingredients) until a smooth batter forms.
Bananas: The banana-flavor & smooth texture of these oats! Since bananas are a substitute for eggs, these oats are vegan-approved.
Strawberry Jam: The tasty, gooey bursting filling to this baked oats recipe. We used strawberry jam, but you substitute your favorite jam/jelly flavor! (Peach, apricot, blueberry, or even a chocolate spread)
Strawberry Extract: Adds a strawberry flavor to the baked oats.
Maple Syrup: Without needing sugar, you can sweeten up this recipe with a splash of maple syrup.
Almond Milk: Makes for a smooth blending process.
Start your timer, cause this 30 minute dessert starts now!
Strawberry Banana Baked Oats
- 1 medium banana
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp strawberry jam (for the filling)
- ½ tsp strawberry extract (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Add the banana, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, strawberry extract, maple syrup, and almond milk into a blender (or a food processor) and blend on high until the batter comes out smooth.
- Pour ½ of the batter into an oven-proof baking bowl.
- Add the strawberry jam to the center of the batter. Top off the jam with the rest of the batter.
- Sprinkle a few dabs of strawberry jam on top of the batter & swirl it around.
- Bake the oats for 22-25 minutes. Enjoy!