I feel like we’re the only ones burning up this summer. There’s something about those brutally hot days when your clothes are sticking to you, the beads of sweat are so thick, and you just need a cool relief. After finding the best & easiest ways to have a great tasting recipe, it’s so much fun to incorporate so many of our favorite flavors into one pan of ice cream! So it begs the question: How do you cool off on a hot summer day? By this dark chocolate espresso no-churn ice cream! An easy, sweet treat that tastes just like a cool mocha latte.
Check out our other stress-free tasty treats:
The best recipes are made by either two events: a weird craving or rummaging through your cabinets and finding random items to throw into a bowl. This recipe was the former. It’s those days when you crave coffee and a sweet treat, but instead of a latte and a chocolate bar, why not combine the two? This dark chocolate espresso no-churn ice cream is a combination of tasty dark chocolate chips, a chocolate swirl, and a coffee-bean infused ice cream base.
Making no churn ice cream seems really intimidating, but honestly it takes less than 20 minutes to whip this bowl together. The long (and very crucial part) is waiting for this ice cream to freeze. Other than that, you can add your favorite toppings like pretzels, nuts, caramel, butterscotch, cookies, and so much more to your ice cream recipes!
NO CHURN ICE CREAM TIPS
Imagine that you can enjoy the silky smooth, creamy, and delicious store-bought ice cream but in your own home. Some key tips in making no churn ice cream is:
- FOLD in the condensed milk/vanilla combo: Be gentle with this mixture! We don’t want to over-mix the ice cream & cause it to crystalize. Use a silicone spatula to fold in the milk/vanilla combo into the whipped cream until everything is dissolved.
- Add the crushed cookies last: It makes it so much easier to fold this mixture into the
- LET IT FREEZE: Yes! We all want to dive into this goodness. However, let the ice cream freeze and settle into it’s state before you go scooping it into a cone. We promise…it’ll be worth the wait!
- Hand Mixer vs Stand Mixer: This recipe can be made perfectly with a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You’ll want to start out on a low speed when beating the heavy whipping cream. Slowly increase your speed as your whipped cream starts to thicken. As soon as you see the whipped cream peak, STOP! You’re ready to add the rest of the ingredients.
- Loaf Pan: Lining your loaf pan with parchment paper isn’t a must, but it really helps in the long run! It’s so easy to slide out the ice cream, cleanse the pan, & move onto your next baked good!
- Defrost & enjoy! Depending on your freezer, this no churn monster cookie ice cream will be so hard you might want to let it sit out for 10-15 minutes to soften up.
HOW TO STORE NO CHURN CE CREAM
This ice cream will stay fresh for up to 7 days in the freezer before it looses it’s flavor and composition. You can fold the parchment sheets over the ice cream and cover it with plastic wrap to safely preserve it for the full 7 days.
Dark Chocolate Chips: There are so many amazing dark chocolate chips (Nestle Toll House) that you can use in this recipe! If you’re wanting bigger chunks, use chop up a dark chocolate bar. Melt the dark chocolate chips for the chocolate swirl.
Heavy Whipping Cream: This is the base of the ice cream. It will turn into a whipped cream that turns into silky ice cream!
Sweetened Condensed Milk: The smooth part of the recipe! Using sweetened condensed milk makes sure that the ice cream doesn’t crystalize & you keep that smooth texture. Also, SWEETENED condensed milk is the goal here. Of course it adds extra flavor to the batch!
Espresso Powder: I’m obsessed with the paring of chocolate and espresso! It’s the greatest flavor combo ever. Espresso powder brings out a rich coffee-like flavor in this ice cream. Trust us on this one.
- For another fun espresso-based recipe, try out these Banana Espresso Blondies.
Vanilla Extract: This is our flavor component! Add 1 tsp for a sweet flavor! For different flavors, add different extracts (almond, coconut, rum, etc)!
Grab your ice cream scoop, sugar cones, & lets make this amazing dark chocolate espresso no-churn ice cream!
Dark Chocolate Espresso No-Churn Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl combine the sweetened condensed milk, espresso powder, & vanilla together. Set the bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the heavy whipping cream until it has a smooth, whipped texture. A soft peak will form & you'll know it's done.
- Gently fold in the condensed milk mixture.
- Fold in the dark chocolate chips.*
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper & pour the mixture into the pan.
- Freeze overnight (8-12 hours or more) & enjoy the next day!