If you’re new here, it’s important to note that we are banana enthusiasts! A big chunk of our recipes on this site are made with bananas. From donuts, to loaf breads, to muffins, even blondies–we can’t get enough of amazing recipes with bananas! Get ready to enjoy this breakfast treat. These vegan banana chocolate chip muffins are the easiest recipe ever! They’re made with simple ingredients you can find in your own pantry and have a super moist texture. Let’s get baking with the best vegan banana-filled muffin recipe!🍌
Checkout our top muffin recipes:
- Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Butter Muffins
- Banana Streusel Muffins w/ Coffee Streusel
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
baking with bananas:
Your first try at vegan baking should be anything with bananas! Bananas are healthy, easy to add to your desserts, and blend smoothly in your pastry batters. Try out our Vegan Banana Donuts for another amazing vegan banana recipe!
They are the key flavors in these vegan banana chocolate chip muffins! It’s a our substitute for eggs, and it adds such a rich flavor to the batter! Here’s a few things to keep in mind when baking with bananas:
- Use overripe bananas
- The brown spotted bananas you’re thinking of throwing out? Don’t! These are filled with the perfect flavors and ready to be thrown into your desserts!
- Mash the bananas before adding it to your batter
- No one wants clumpy bananas throughout their batter. Mashing bananas helps smoothly blend in all of the ingredients
- Use the correct banana size
- Bananas can be large, medium, or small. Each recipe should specify which size of bananas to use. Adding too much banana can give you a longer bake time, or using too little banana can give you little-to-no flavor with a shorter bake time.
Cinnamon + Nutmeg: The spice paring in all amazing banana recipes!
Coconut Oil: This gets the chocolate silky smooth & keeps it at a creamy consistency.
Almond Milk + Apple Cider Vinegar: 🥛 I love this combo! I usually use this in my vegan/gf pancakes. It creates a fluffier texture & that spreadable photo shot? Mouthwatering 🤤. It’s important these two sit together for 5-10 minutes. The longer it sits, the fluffier your dessert will be! Substitute a plain/vanilla plant-based yogurt.
Bananas:🍌 Use overripe bananas & mash the bananas before adding it to your batter.
Vegan Chocolate Chips: 🍫Vegan chocolate is so common in almost every grocery store. You can use a chocolate bar or chocolate chips for this recipe. Substitute dark chocolate chips!
Let’s get into it yuh! (shoutout to Doja Cat)!
Vegan Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar mixed into the almond milk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium overripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips vegan
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, mix together the almond milk & apple cider vinegar. Let this sit for 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add the coconut oil, almond milk mix, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the brown sugar & mix until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt to the wet mixture. Mix until the flour is dissolved.
- Lastly, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liner and fill the liners ½ way with the batter.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan. Remove & enjoy!
Can you guess how many chocolate chips we used in this recipe?! Comment down below! Checkout our IG for the full recipe video!