Sometimes you need want 1 large cookie to devour. Well, this is it! This jumbo butterscotch pecan cookie is so good & perfect to share or enjoy by yourself. Add a big ice cream scoop on top, or crumble into a yogurt bowl. Our recipe for this single serve cookie is: one bowl, 30 minutes, and filled with a warm-gooey cookie butter center. Cookie butter?! That’s right. The amount of sweetness this cookie has is BEYOND! Let’s jump in!
Checkout our other cookie recipes:
Butterscotch: Butterscotch morsels is the easiest way to get that butterscotch flavor into your cookie.
Butter: Use melted, room temperature butter. A vegan substitute is coconut oil.
Egg: The binding agent. Vegan substitutes would be an egg replacer, flax egg, or 2 tbsp almond butter.
Nutmeg: A secret kick to delicious flavor in this cookie!
Cookie Butter: The best cookie butters are Biscoff, Nuccina and Trader Joes! Cookie butter isn’t only good for cookies, you can spread this on your banana, toast, oats, yogurt, or even blend this into your favorite smoothie. We want this cookie butter thick (which is how it normally comes). If you’re cookie butter is a melted liquid, try placing it in the fridge for 15-20 minutes before scooping & placing in the center of the cookie.
Pecans: A nutty crunch to top it all off! If you’re looking for alternatives we recommend substituting peanuts or walnuts.
Since this is a single serve cookie, we’re not gonna fill this post with things you don’t wanna know. Let’s get right to this cookie!
Jumbo Butterscotch Pecan Cookie
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup butter scotch
- 1 tbsp pecans chopped
- 2-3 tbsp cookie butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugars, egg, & vanilla extract together.
- Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, & salt. Mix until all the flour is dissolved.
- Toss in the pecans & butterscotch morsels.
- Separate ½ of the dough. flatten the dough & create a well in the middle with your hands (resembling a crater).
- Spread the cookie butter in the middle & cover it with the remaining dough (pinch the edges).
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until dark brown edges form around the cookie.
Did you make this jumbo butterscotch pecan cookie? Tag us on Instagram! Nutella vs Cookie Butter. Which is the better filling for a cookie?! Leave a comment down below!