These gluten free cinnamon almond butter muffins are kind to your gut, and kinder to your taste buds! Not only do they have a rich, sweet cinnamon swirl but they are also made with brown butter and topped off with a crumbly brown butter streusel. This will quickly become your new favorite breakfast treat!
We’ve teamed up with our friends over at Revival Foods again for these bomb muffins! Revival Foods is a natural, sustainable craft almond butter company. They source their almonds directly from local farmers in Modesto, CA. Flavors like Sea Salt Vanilla, Raw Cacao Coconut, and Hemp Super Seeds are among their amazing product line! This recipe today contains the amazing Cinnamon Chai Spice.
Checkout our fast, easy, and delicious No-Bake Chocolate Almond Butter Bars using the same almond butter!
Cinnamon Almond Butter Muffin Ingredients
Gluten Free Flour: Gluten free baking has it’s perks! There are so many flour substitutions that you can use for your desserts. Each flour will give you a slightly different unique taste! Lot’s of grocery stores are including gluten free flour on their shelves. Some great brands are King Arthur’s Baking, Bob’s Red Mill, and Good & Gather at Target. All of these flours are 1:1 which means you can easily substitute them using the exact measurement for flour in all of your recipes. Apart from gluten free flour, there is: almond flour, oat flour, and buckwheat flour that you can explore when looking for gluten free flours to try.
One of our favorite gluten free recipes is our Gluten Free Coffee Cake!
Almond Butter: Revival’s describes Cinnamon Chai Almond Butter as “containing spices like Vietnamese Cinnamon and Indian Ginger. Your tastebuds won’t be able to tell the difference between a spoonful of this or a sip of your chai tea!” We’re all lovers of chai tea right? Well, how about the best chocolate and chai flavors in one?
Brown Butter Streusel: This amazing brown butter streusel is unlike your typical streusel crumb. It has a warm, nutty flavor complimented by brown sugar and cinnamon. We used the same gluten free flour (as in our muffins) for this rich crumb. Want an extra kick? Add chopped almonds to the mix & top off your muffins!
Almond Extract: Almond extract is the perfect ingredients to bring out the rich almond flavor into your muffins! Our morning Almond Burst Muffins are another favorite almond-based recipe topped with a smooth maple drizzle.
Brown Butter Tips
If you’ve tossed out countless pots of brown butter and you just can’t seem to get the recipe right, these tips are for you! We all know browning butter can be a bit tricky, and it’s the key ingredients in these gluten free cinnamon almond butter muffins. These are the 5 tips I follow every time & it gives me the best tasting brown butter. Now they can help you too! Let’s get into it!
- Add the butter to a light colored pan over high heat.
- Having a light colored pan will help you see the butter clearly! You’ll know when it goes from bright yellow, to a darker yellow, and finally settling to brown.
- Once the butter fully melts, reduce the heat to medium.
- Melting the butter on high gets you jumpstarted on the process. As soon as the entire block of butter has melted, quickly reduce the heat to medium. This heat change will give you control of the browning process.
- Constantly stir the butter in a clockwise (or counterclockwise) direction.
- Stirring ensures even cooking time and prevents burning.
- Once the butter starts to darken, immediately remove the pot from the stove.
- Don’t wait for the butter to get very dark! As soon as you see brown specs appear, you’re good to go! There’s only a few seconds between having great brown butter and getting burnt butter.
- Pour the browned butter into a heat-safe glass dish and let it cool to room temperature.
- Even if it’s off the stove, the butter can still burn in the pot! I use Pyrex or any clear glass dish that can handle high heat. It’ll help the butter cool to room temperature.
Now lets get into these amazing Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Butter muffins!
Gluten Free Cinnamon Almond Butter Muffins
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup brown butter
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Revival's Cinnamon Chai Spice Almond Butter**
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
Brown Butter Streusel
- ¼ cup gluten free flour
- 1½ tbsp brown sugar
- 1½ tbsp brown butter
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F°
- Toss all ingredients into one bowl & mix until fully combined.
- Fill 1/4 of muffin liners with batter. Add 1 tsp cinnamon swirl.
- Top muffin liners with 1/4 of muffin batter.
Brown Butter Streusel
- Generously sprinkle streusel mix over the top of the muffins (you'll want to cover the entire top of the muffin).
- Bake the muffins for 23-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
What’s your favorite almond butter recipe? Comment down below.
Wanna see a full video of this recipe? Checkout our amazing reel on Instagram.