More gluten free recipes coming at you strong! These gluten free blueberry muffins are moist, sweet, and super easy to make! You’ll have the best muffins that rise, have a sweet & moist crumb, and are perfect for all things breakfast!
Gluten Free Baking
The key to gluten free baking is eggs and buttermilk. You don’t want a dry crumb or brittle muffins. I used whole eggs for binding and soft texture. With buttermilk, it gives your muffins that moist crumb that you’ll love. When looking for a dairy-free alternative (which is what we used in this recipe), add in 1/4-1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar in your milk substitute. We added 1/4 tsp of apple cider vinegar into the almond milk, and let it sit for 8-10 minutes. This ensures you have a super moist crumb and rich flavors.
Gluten free baking has it’s perks! There are so many flour substitutions that you can use for your desserts. Each flour will give you a slightly different unique taste! Lot’s of grocery stores are including gluten free flour on their shelves. Some great brands are King Arthur’s Baking, Bob’s Red Mill, and Good & Gather at Target. All of these flours are 1:1 which means you can easily substitute them using the exact measurement for flour in all of your recipes. Apart from gluten free flour, there is: almond flour, oat flour, and buckwheat flour that you can explore when looking for gluten free flours to try.
Blueberries are one of the best fruits to bake with. They bursts open in your desserts, making each bite sweeter and sweeter. Our tip is mashing some of the blueberries and coating the rest. Coating blueberries (or any fruit in your dessert) in flour prevents it from leaking too much and sinking to the bottom. A couple of those mashed blueberries will infuse flavor and a pop of color in your muffins.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, combine almond milk + apple cider vinegar together. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl beat the oil and sugar together. Add in the egg, almond milk mix, and vanilla extract.
- Combine the flour mix and wet ingredients together.
- Separate a few of the blueberries and lightly crush them with a fork. Coat the rest of the blueberries with flour.
- Mix in the crushed blueberries and then add the coated blueberries.
- Line a muffin pan with 10-12 muffin liners. Fill liners ½ way with batter.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes*
Instagram reels are in! Checkout our latest reel with these gluten free blueberry muffins! What fruity-flavored breakfast dessert are you enjoying right now! Leave a comment below!