These donuts look like candy! It’s fruity pops of color & flavors in each bite. With the popularity of our last donut post, we’d figured you’d equally love this breakfast delight as a peaceful parting gift as we transition to fall baking. These Strawberry Almond Donuts are moist, fluffy, satisfying, and super easy. Our recipe is one bowl, has a bake time of less than 15 minutes, no hand/stand mixer, and a vibrant almond glaze that compliments every bite of this breakfast treat.
Summer & Fall Flavors
Although it’s widely popular and in season during the fall, almond is a flavor that creeps it’s way into all of our baked goods year round. It would be spring and you’d find yourself making a lemon yogurt almond cake (which is a recipe we totally have ready to go for you…if only it was March already). Before you know it, almond is in all of your buttercream, cookies, scones, muffins, and more! This recipe uses almond extract, which is next in line to popularity after vanilla, lemon, and orange extracts. You can find it in almost every grocery store, and it’s not as high in price like vanilla extracts. Although we’re saying goodbye to strawberries and other bright summer flavors (for a while), we’re hanging on to this vibrant Almond extract that we’ll use for other delights.
We used a strawberry extract and fresh strawberries for this recipe! If you want to use frozen strawberries, skip coating them in flour and toss it straight into the batter! These donuts had amazing bursts of strawberries in each bite that complimented the sweet almond glaze on top!
Baked donuts are basically light cakes with a hole served for breakfast. When you want a fast breakfast dessert under 30 minutes, baked donuts are the way to go. These strawberry almond donuts still have the same great variety of flavors as traditional donuts but they’re thicker, and a bit more fluffy! It doesn’t require a tough process, long bake times, or a mess in the kitchen. Our baked donut recipes are one bowl! Which means you can add all your ingredients into one bowl, mix, and pour the batter into the donut pans. No mess, no added equipment, and it finishes baking in 15 minutes!
Another summer recipe favorite is our Blueberry Poppyseed Loaf Cake!
Strawberry Almond Glazed Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp strawberry extract
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, egg, sour cream, + vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until flour is fully dissolved forming a thick batter.
- Coat the strawberries in flour and add it to the batter. Gently fold in all of the strawberries until they're fully mixed in.
- Grease a standard donut pan with coconut oil. Fill pan ½ way with batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar + milk. Mix until all sugar is dissolved and a thick glaze forms. Add almond extract.
- Dip the dount face down into the glaze. Tilt your hands around the ring of the donut to ensure even coating. Set donut aside on a wire baking rack. Repeat until all donuts are glazed.
- Top off with strawberries or almond slices!
Checkout our unboxing of this dessert on our Instagram.
What other desserts are you parting with as we transition to fall? Leave us a comment!