You know those mornings where you just crave a warm sugary bite for breakfast? Well today’s post is a treat dipped in a maple glaze! These Iced Vanilla Latte Donuts are a combination of your favorite coffee, pancake, and donut wrapped in one. They’re baked so you can enjoy a warm, fluffy donut without the excess oil or trouble from deep frying. I can think of a hundred reasons why you should try these donuts, so let’s get into a few of them.
If you’re in a donut frenzy, you’ll love our Peanut Butter Caramel Donuts!
Baked donuts are basically light cakes with a hole served for breakfast. When you want a fast breakfast dessert under 30 minutes, baked donuts are the way to go. These baked vanilla donuts still have the same great variety of flavors as traditional donuts but they’re thicker, and a bit more fluffy. It doesn’t require a tough process, long bake times, or a mess in the kitchen. Our baked donut recipes are one bowl! Which means you can add all your ingredients into one bowl, mix, and pour the batter into the donut pans. No mess, no added equipment, and it finishes baking in 15 minutes! These Iced Vanilla Latte Donuts will be your favorite breakfast dessert!
The key ingredient in this recipe is espresso powder. Baking with espresso powder is key when you want a coffee-based dessert (or when you want to bring out flavors in chocolate desserts). King Arthur Baking Co has an amazing espresso powder that’s perfect and ready to use for any baking! It’s a strong, vibrant, and robust flavor that’s perfect for your recipes!
Baked Iced Latte Vanilla Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1½ tsp espresso powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, coconut oil, egg, almond milk, + vanilla extract. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Carefully add dry ingredients into wet ingredients. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Grease a standard donut pan with coconut oil. Fill pan ½ way with batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before icing.
- In a medium bowl combine powdered sugar + milk. Mix until all sugar is dissolved and a thick glaze forms. Add maple syrup and cinnamon (optional).
- Dip the donut (face down) into the glaze. Lightly tilt your hand around the ring of the donut (either clockwise or counter-clockwise) to ensure even coating. Repeat until all donuts are glazed.
- Top off with a maple syrup drizzle, designs, or cinnamon!
Dairy free, baked, and fast-kick off your Sunday morning with a latte + donut combined in one!
Checkout our Instagram reels highlighting these donuts!