These cookies are SO bomb! Oatmeal cookies are easily a hit or a miss. But these are the perfect balance of raisins with a sweet kick of dried cranberries. There are so many variations of oatmeal cookies. You can add raisins, cranberries, dried blueberries, chopped walnuts, pecans, almonds, or hazelnuts. I know Oatmeal cookies are at the bottom of the list for some people, but it’s just getting the right amount of oats and enough sweet toppings balanced perfectly into one cookie. These Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin Cookies are chewy, fast, easy, and undeniably good!
Some of our favorite soft-baked cookies are our Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies & our Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Baking With Oatmeal
Oats are so popular now! Especially baked oats! These cookies are a classic favorite of many. You may remember these cookies growing up, or maybe the hard oatmeal cookies with a white frost on top (AMAZING!). The best part about baking is making each recipe your own. Cookies can easily become whatever you make it. The last step of making this batter is folding in the oats! We suggest using rolled oats Rolled oats are the go-to type of oats for baking anything! Quick oats and steel oats won’t have the same effect on these cookies.
Get creative with your toppings! Add nuts, other dried fruit options, and even drizzle an iced glaze on top! We made Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin Cookies to give you a foundation, now it’s your turn to make it your own. That’s it! No more talking, no more blabbing on about recipe basics. Let’s get started with these cookies!
Oatmeal Cranberry Raisin Cookies
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup softened butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt together. Whisk until combined.
- In a separate small bowl add 1½ cups room temperature water to raisins. Leave for 10-12 minutes. Drain water + set raisins aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream the softened butter and both sugars together until smooth, slowly add the vanilla until combined. Set aside
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and mix (either by hand or stand mixer) until all ingredients are combined.
- Add in the oats, raisins, + cranberries. The dough will be very thick. Cover & chill the dough for 45-60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven ro 350°F.
- Line two (or more) baking sheets with parchment paper. Using a spoon (or an ice cream scoop) roll balls of dough and place them 2-3 inches apart on baking sheets. The bigger the ball, the bigger the cookie will be.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly brown on the sides.*
Checkout our Instagram for more recipes, BTS content, and the hottest tips on bakeries and coffee shops across the nation!
What nuts, dried fruits, and flavors do you like in your oatmeal cookies? Leave a comment below!